P3O® OverviewA Portfolio, Programme and Project Office (P3O®) model will equip an organization with the structures, tools and techniques it needs to ensure it has the right programmes and projects in place, that business and change priorities are balanced and it has the resources and capability to deliver them consistently and well.
This course is accredited with the APM Group (APMG) and conforms to the syllabus for those delegates wishing to gain the P3O® Foundation level certification. It covers the P3O guidance – aligned to PRINCE2, MSP, and MoR. It brings together in one place a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management. It provides an understanding and application of P3O guidance, in order to develop a governance structure that helps optimize an organization’s investment in change alongside its Business as Usual work.
Who should attend?
- Corporate or senior management including SROs and Programme Directors
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Office managers
- Portfolio, Programme Office or Project Office support staff
- Project managers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The understanding of the P3O guidance for the Governance structure required for an organization to optimize their investment in change alongside Business as Usual
- That participants will be able to act as an informed member of an office within a P3O model.
- An Introduction to P3Os – why, when and how to use P3O models
- Value – What value P3Os can bring to the organization
- Models – An overview of the different P3O models with examples
- How to implement or re-energize a P3O
- Functions/services and techniques/tools used by units of a P3O model
- Roles within a P3O model.
Duration and delivery:
The course is delivered face-to-face over 3 days with the Foundation Examination being held on the third day.
The course fee includes the course delivered by APMG accredited trainers, a P3O manual, short study guide, comprehensive course notes, practice Foundation exams, exam fee and full catering.
The Foundation level qualification involves a 40 minute, closed book, multiple-choice format examination.
P3O® Foundation and Practitioner
This course is accredited with the APM Group (APMG) and conforms to the syllabus for those delegates wishing to gain the P3O® Practitioner level certification. The course builds on the Foundation level qualification and focuses on enabling candidates to design, implement and manage a P3O model.
Specifically this includes the ability to define and seek approval for a business case for the P3O, building the right P3O model to adapt to the organization’s needs, identifying the most suitable roles required, planning the implementation of the P3O and employing the appropriate tools and techniques to be used by the P3O.
Who should attend?
Those who want to take an active role (designing, implementing and managing or working) in any of the offices described in the P3O model.
Participants are required to pass the P3O Foundation examination.
That participants will have an overall understanding of the P3O guidance in order to design, implement and manage any component within a P3O model.
As per the complete P3O Foundation Course, plus more in-depth focus where participants will be able to:
- Successfully establish, develop and maintain appropriate business support structures for their organization
- Support senior management with decision making on strategic alignment, prioritization, risk management, optimisation of resource etc to successfully deliver their business objectives (portfolio management)
- Identify and realize business outcomes and benefits via programmes
- Successfully deliver project outputs that enable benefits within time, cost and quality restraints.
Duration and delivery:
5 days face-to-face, workshop style, comprising:
- 3 days – course work and Foundation exam leading to Foundation accreditation; and
- 1.5 days – course work and Practitioner exam leading to Practitioner accreditation.
The course fee includes the course delivered by APMG accredited trainers, a P3O manual, short study guide, comprehensive course notes, practice Practitioner exams, exam fee and catering.
The Practitioner accreditation qualification involves a 2 hour 15 minute open book, objective (multiplechoice) examination. The achievement of this accreditation requires an amount of private study and preparation in addition to the course work.