This course is accredited with the APM Group (APMG) and conforms to the syllabus for those delegates wishing to gain the P3O® Foundation level certification. It covers the P3O guidance – aligned to PRINCE2, MSP, and MoR. It brings together in one place a set of principles, processes and techniques to facilitate effective portfolio, programme and project management. It provides an understanding and application of P3O guidance, in order to develop a governance structure that helps optimize an organization’s investment in change alongside its Business as Usual work.
Who should attend?
- Corporate or senior management including SROs and Programme Directors
- Portfolio, Programme and Project Office managers
- Portfolio, Programme Office or Project Office support staff
- Project managers.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- The understanding of the P3O guidance for the Governance structure required for an organization to optimize their investment in change alongside Business as Usual
- That participants will be able to act as an informed member of an office within a P3O model.
- An Introduction to P3Os – why, when and how to use P3O models
- Value – What value P3Os can bring to the organization
- Models – An overview of the different P3O models with examples
- How to implement or re-energize a P3O
- Functions/services and techniques/tools used by units of a P3O model
- Roles within a P3O model.
Duration and delivery:
The course is delivered face-to-face over 3 days with the Foundation Examination being held on the third day.
The course fee includes the course delivered by APMG accredited trainers, a P3O manual, short study guide, comprehensive course notes, practice Foundation exams, exam fee and full catering.
The Foundation level qualification involves a 40 minute, closed book, multiple-choice format examination.