This course is accredited with the APM Group (APMG) and conforms to the syllabus for those delegates wishing to gain the P3O® Practitioner level certification. The course builds on the Foundation level qualification and focuses on enabling candidates to design, implement and manage a P3O model.
Specifically this includes the ability to define and seek approval for a business case for the P3O, building the right P3O model to adapt to the organization’s needs, identifying the most suitable roles required, planning the implementation of the P3O and employing the appropriate tools and techniques to be used by the P3O.
Who should attend?
Those who want to take an active role (designing, implementing and managing or working) in any of the offices described in the P3O model.
Participants are required to pass the P3O Foundation examination.
That participants will have an overall understanding of the P3O guidance in order to design, implement and manage any component within a P3O model.
As per the complete P3O Foundation Course, plus more in-depth focus where participants will be able to:
- Successfully establish, develop and maintain appropriate business support structures for their organization
- Support senior management with decision making on strategic alignment, prioritization, risk management, optimisation of resource etc to successfully deliver their business objectives (portfolio management)
- Identify and realize business outcomes and benefits via programmes
- Successfully deliver project outputs that enable benefits within time, cost and quality restraints.
Duration and delivery:
5 days face-to-face, workshop style, comprising:
- 3 days – course work and Foundation exam leading to Foundation accreditation; and
- 1.5 days – course work and Practitioner exam leading to Practitioner accreditation.
The course fee includes the course delivered by APMG accredited trainers, a P3O manual, short study guide, comprehensive course notes, practice Practitioner exams, exam fee and catering.
The Practitioner accreditation qualification involves a 2 hour 15 minute open book, objective (multiplechoice) examination. The achievement of this accreditation requires an amount of private study and preparation in addition to the course work.