PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a widely used project management method considered to be a benchmark process for both private and public organizations implementing projects in the United Kingdom and increasingly being adopted by organizations in Australia. It is considered to address the essentials for running a successful project.
Updated recently in 2017, PRINCE2 embodies established and proven best practice and governance for project management. It can be applied to any type of project and can easily be implemented alongside specialist, industry - specific models ('engineering models' or 'development lifecycles').
The method is widely recognized and understood, and therefore provides a common vocabulary for all project participants promoting effective communication. The method also provides for the explicit recognition of project responsibilities, so that participants understand each other's roles and needs. There is a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication.
PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner
You may elect to sit a PRINCE2® Foundation certificate and/or a Practitioner certificate course. If you sit a Foundation course and pass your exam, you may continue to the Practitioner level or defer to a Practitioner Upgrade at a later date.
4.5 day Classroom or In-house course - Course Fee: $2950 including GST
PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification is ideal for project staff and project managers who need a sound project management methodology. PRINCE2® is a preferred methodology of the Australian government and many of the state governments, as well as the Higher Ed space and the private sector.
Duration and delivery
4.5 day Classroom or In-house course
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the philosophy and structure of PRINCE2®
- Understand the benefits that can accrue from the implementation of a structured project management method such as PRINCE2®
- Explain the PRINCE2® process model
- Understand the PRINCE2® themes
- Create a Project Brief
- Create a Project Organisation Structure
- Initiate a project and create Project Initiation Documentation
- Appreciate the use of PRINCE2® products and plans
- Apply progress control mechanisms
- Appreciate the principles of PRINCE2® Quality Management
- Apply change control mechanisms
- Realise the importance of Configuration Management
- Use the PRINCE2® Risk Management approach
- Tune PRINCE2® for differing environments
Course Fees include:
- PRINCE2® Manual - "Managing Successful Projects"
- Practice Examinations
- Foundation and Practitioner Examination
- Comprehensive Course Notes
- A3 Laminated PRINCE2® Process Chart
- Lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments at public courses
The course is delivered face-to-face over 5 days with the Foundation Examination being held on the third day. The Foundation Level Qualification involves a 60 minute, closed book, multiple-choice format examination.
The Practitioner Level Qualification involves a 2 hour and 30 minute, open book, objective test examination
$2950 including GST